Re: xlr cable, long run 100FT

Subject: Re: xlr cable, long run 100FT
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:53 pm ((PST))
At 10:19 AM -0800 2/19/11, Mark Brennan wrote:
>  Hopefully we get to see the other weather solution.

Hi Mark--
Here's a more recent log:
http://tinyurl.com/62stsfc (takes a while to load, not optimized for web)

The rear array with the open back, concrete-set, steel poles and
PBMB2 completely suspended on three wires/springs is my best solution
to date. There's almost no way for rodents to access the array
proper. The "springy-ness" of the mount concerns raccoons and they
jump right off. Everything chewable is above the reach of deer. The
roof has 2" thick hogshair (furnace filter media)  on top which
breaks-up rain drops into a spray. Even in hard rain, the sound from
the drops on the surrounding vegetation is louder than those hitting
the roof. The windscreens are a couple of 24" X 24" fiberglass
furnace filters wrapped around both boundaries. The furnace material
keeps a shape, is very sound transparent and birds don't mess with it
for nesting material. Wind protection would be improved if you make
the screen curve out more and more aero-dynamic. I pulled the
fiberglass tighter and flatter than it needs to be thinking it would
need to keep the rodents out, but that's not been necessary so far.
Rob D.