Re: Stereo recording with hydrophones

Subject: Re: Stereo recording with hydrophones
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 pm ((PDT))
Moving a bit off topic,

And a question for Mitch,

Im wondering what the best method is to pressure test a hydrophone?

Without actually dunking on to 20 - 50 meters?

I have experience using the Teledyne Benthos, AQ2000 - one failed so I took=
 a peep inside it. Rubber outer coat, 2-3mm wall of epoxy, long piezo cylin=
der and I was quite surprised to find the center was just an air space. Max=
 depth of the AQ2000 as its name suggests is 2000 meters. (or 1 1/4 miles i=
n old money)

-Mike.