Re: Sony PCM-D50 vs SD 702

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-D50 vs SD 702
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 pm ((PDT))
Memory stick naming is confusing at best;

I use "Sony Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo" "HX / Magic Gate" - "8 GB"
part number on the back "MS-HX8 J816L5L AUBE1000000"
'Made in Japan'

BR
Mike

--- In  "ng2307" <> wrote=
:

> Hi John
>
> you can use 8 and 16GB memory sticks with the D50, as long as they are ma=
rked "Memory stick PRO Mark 2" in case of Sony cards. It is stated by Sony'=
s technical support itself (see http://esupport.sony.com/perl/support-info.=
pl?&info_id=3D19). SanDisk Extreme II or III seem ok as well, according to =
some members of the taperssection forum that tried them.

> --- In  "hartogj" <hartogj_1999@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Bob,
> >
> > The Rode NT1A used to be shipped with the SM-1 shock mount. Though othe=
rs have found their own DIY shockmount designs to be superior, I have found=
 the SM-1 to work well for me, unfortunately the Rode SM-1 has recently bee=
n discontinued (If anyone out there has a pair to sell, please contact me o=
ff list.) I replaced the elastic shock cording with thin o-rings from the h=
ardware store and they work even better. The only problem with the SM-1 is =
the metal hooks don't hold the bands all that well. Maybe there is a better=
 alternative out there???

> > The main issue I might have with the Sony PCM-D50 is the stated limitat=
ion to a 4GB Memory Stick. Maybe it says that in the manual because that wa=
s the highest capacity card foreseen at the time of print. Has anyone out t=
here tried a 8 or 16GB card and can confirm if it does or does not work?  O=
f course this is only important for long duration recordings.