Re: Sony PCM-D50 vs SD 702

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-D50 vs SD 702
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm ((PDT))
Rob, I would like to know if the D50 provides enough PIP voltage.

Considering that there are now really good microphones running on
PIP, I think it is relevant to mention if these mic=B4s cannot be used
with the D50.

For example - to lower the self noise of EM23, I have put two FET's
in parallel for the ones using Olympus and Zoom. But can this version
of EM23 be used with the D50? Other recorders?

This was no problem a couple of years ago, when no mikes used more
than 0,25 mA.
But now it might be.

I know that we dealt with this before, but the data that was given at
that time didn't make sense to me.

Klas.