Re: tape digitizing

Subject: Re: tape digitizing
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:16 am ((PDT))
<<I've just re-checked my oldest CDR, from 1995. It's fine.>>

OTOH both versions of a music client's album multitrack data back up
on mid-market (TDK, Sony or Maxell, I forget,) DVDs  from only 4 years
ago have failed to read in 3 different DVD-ROM drives, thus rendering
a remix impossible. Both copies were verified at the time they were
burned. I remain skeptical due to this rather unpleasant
unprofessional experience. What can you tell clients? "Your album
files have been backed up, redundantly, yet they still may be lost
forever as soon as I wipe my work drive"?

Scott Fraser