Re: FR2 vs FR2-LE

Subject: Re: FR2 vs FR2-LE
From: "John Lundsten" lundsten_john
Date: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm ((PDT))
i have done measurments of the FR2, -123 dB A weighted, not bad but i can
well belive the FR2-LE is better, though sorry no 1st hand experience, the=

avisoft tests indicate -129 A for the FR2-LE.
The FR2 also has a very noisy headphone circuit so is little use to judge
such things.
i have used the Tascam HD-P2 & SD744 which are noticably quieter than the
Fr2
John L

From: "Danny Meltzer"
I used the FR2 for a few years and liked it.  That said, I do believe Foste=
claimed improved preamps on the FR2-LE which came out after the FR2.  I hav=
not done a comparison, but I used the FR2 for nature recording with great
results.  Main issues for me were storage and battery life.

--- In  "Max Catterwell"