Re: 7mm phone jack

Subject: Re: 7mm phone jack
From: "Bird Recordist" badger540
Date: Mon Apr 6, 2009 12:58 pm ((PDT))
You are most probably correct, they are certainly a different shape and
force open the contact at a different point on the travel.

I could have had several 316 jackfields and cords FOC that were being junke=
years back, but decided it was too much agro having to make converter cords
for everything.

I made all my audio jackfields at home TRS, with XLR for patching digits on
a home brew patchbay.

Someone mentioned bantam jacks, we had them in 2 dubbing theatres and they
were nothing but trouble.

The contact area was that much smaller than 316 plugs, they needed to be
kept very clean.

Some radio studios didn't have phantom applied at the wall boxes, but from
the desk itself. You only had to breathe on the bantam jackfield to cause
crackles.

Andy UK

  _____