Re: Noise Reduction

Subject: Re: Noise Reduction
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:27 pm ((PDT))
Mike what does this have to do with nature recording?  Why did you post thi=
s question
here?

There are plenty of broadband noise reduction programs.  Sound Soap, Waves =
X-Noise,
Izotope RX.  With most of them the more effect you apply, the more artifact=
s you'll hear.
Demo them and see if one works better than the others for your application.

Danny

--- In  Michael Dalton <=
> wrote:
>

> In my speech research, I have long contended with noise due to a nearby h=
ighway. It is
not possible to move to a quieter location.
> =A0
> When I digitally remove the noise, the sound changes with the dreaded art=
ifacts. Does
anyone have a way to remove changing relatively high level auto noise witho=
ut the obvious
digital effects?