Re: Decca Tree?

Subject: Re: Decca Tree?
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:33 am ((PDT))
Interesting thoughts, Kim, but properly handling a 2 meter wide bunch
of pipes in the field is far less likely to happen than proper
balance when decoding the MS. Plus you can manipulate stereo into MS,
adjust the relative balance, and return it to stereo easily without
loss. Mastering engineers do that all the time with music!

I am a big fan of MS and not of the tree, and the points already made
about it needing to be overhead of the source would seemingly make it
highly imprectical. However, would love to hear the experiments!

I imagine omni mics arrayed amongst a group of real trees to capture
the ambient activity in the clearing between them...

<L>