Re: Decca Tree?

Subject: Re: Decca Tree?
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:20 am ((PDT))
Cardioid and omnis caps were standard. They also produced "super
omni" (1/4" diaphragm" and shotgun capsules. They are a bit noisy so
only good for experimental use to me.

See <http://www.coutant.org/nakamich/index.html> I have a three-pack
designed to go with their model 500 cassette portable.

(and if anyone here knows how to convert them to use phantom power
I'd love to convert them. As it is they rarely see any use because of
the short battery life - one accidental overnight and they are gone.)

In all the Decca Tree discussion I am interested in th eorientation
of the omnis - two people here have said point them apart, at the
center, and the AES quote I made says inward and downward. Have to do
it by ear to find out!

<L>