Re: Decca Tree?

Subject: Re: Decca Tree?
From: "Kim Cascone" anechoicmedia
Date: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:20 am ((PDT))
> As for ambient field recording, I personally don't
> see the application working very well. The Decca stereo field is a
> result of arrival time & amplitude differences between the 3 capsules
> & is governed largely by the proximity of each element in the stereo
> field to any given mic in the array.

yes while the theory as to why is -shouldn't- work is solid I'd still
like to hear some real Decca Tree ambiance recordings
because most of the M-S nature recordings I've listened to are
lacking information in the center stage (mid)
either due to decoding preferences for an exaggerated   'w  i  d
e'    stereo effect leaving a 'hole in the middle'
or people just don't have enough practice with the technique
and I'm wondering if a Decca Tree might help solve this...