Re: binaural mics, XLR connections and Fostex FR2-LE

Subject: Re: binaural mics, XLR connections and Fostex FR2-LE
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:12 pm ((PDT))
Bernie told me about these Sony ECM 55 lav mics so I purchased a
pair.  I've also had good luck with them and find them handy and
small.  They can be powered with a AA battery or phantom power.  I've
mounted them one on each side of a backpack stuffed into a small foam
wind screen and all stuffed into the side water-bottle pockets of the
backpack.  Then I carried them around recording in the woods or down
Times Square in NYC.  In the city I can run the small headphones up
out of the backpack to my ears and monitor as I move along or stand
quietly and record.

Kevin Colver