Re: newish graphical EQ plugin..

Subject: Re: newish graphical EQ plugin..
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Fri Jun 6, 2008 5:37 pm ((PDT))
--- In  "Peter Scholtens"
<> wrote:

> If Mac is so good, than why do you need Windows?

The answer to that ought to be obvious from the thread:

a) it eases the transition when jumping ship from Windows to Mac;

b) it allows the user to have the best of both worlds (something the PC
world can't offer).

When I moved from Mac to PC back in 2000, I did so kicking and
screaming. So did all of my data! But I have no hesitation moving back
because the ability to run both OS means I can slowly draw the curtain
on the Windows of my life once and for all. Or, more likely, use each
system's strengths and avoid its weaknesses. I like the range of audio
applications on offer for Windows, but I think the Macintosh is
superior for visual work.

It also means that if I buy something from one of those frustratingly
cool manufacturers like Sony, whose products often require proprietary
software that is only ever written for Windows, then I can use it to
full advantage.