Re: rode nt55 / sd702 problem - urgent advice sought !

Subject: Re: rode nt55 / sd702 problem - urgent advice sought !
From: "Michael Oates" msohooates
Date: Thu Jun 5, 2008 3:59 am ((PDT))
>Hi all,
>am on residency right now & so this problem has come at a tricky time.
>Basically i've been using a pair of nt55's with my SD 702 & when
>monitering or playing back via the sd all appears fine. However when I
>transfer the tracks to my computer there is very faint crackle - this
>does not happen with tracks featuring any other mics & the mics / leads
>have been tested & appear to be fine.
>
>any advice or ideas as to what could be going on would be much
>appreciated.
>
>email:

Hi,

Have you tried listening to any other recordings on the computer done with
other mics since you heard this crackle noise. I ask this because it is
more likely something to do with you computer playback system if you can't
hear it on the SD702. Perhaps a latency issue causing clicks in the audio
playback. Have you changed anything on the computer, hardware of software,
new drivers etc.

Mike