Re: Unhappy unsubscriber

From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Wed May 28, 2008 5:32 pm ((PDT))
Dan Dugan wrote
> Maybe what's really needed is a rule on the new list that you have to
> have at least one published nature sound CD, or have to own at least
> two MKH mics. That would keep out the riff-raff who want to talk about
> "gadgets" -- that word conveys an attitude that rubs me the wrong way.

  I dont know if this is a dig at me or not to tell you the truth, All
I do is moderate the group, I tried to accommodate people who have
asked me to try to change the flow of tech/advice/gear/gadgets and
become a wee bit more diverse. As I said, I'm happy to do both, there
are many "touchy" people here who have taken offense to the wording.
Gadgets, Gear, Techies, what the hell! I probably have more gadgets/
gear than anyone on this list with thousands of dollars worth of
equipment. I have taken the advice of many people here and spent lots
of money building my arsenal of recorders and microphones. I'm happy
to learn about 'Gadgets" gear in the field. There is a mic builders
group who also talk about gadgets and gear, there are many people who
subscribe to both as I do... why not just accept that certain people
dont want to talk about gear all the time and let them be?
What is "one published CD and a set of MKH microphones got to do with
all this nastiness creeping out?
Sorry you think of gadgets in a negative manner, gadgets are part of
my tools of the trade and without them I would be out of work!

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org