Re: Unhappy unsubscriber

From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Tue May 27, 2008 9:03 pm ((PDT))
Half of the people can be part right all of the time,
Some of the people can be all right part of the time.
But all the people can't be all right all the time!!!!

Trying to find a happy medium is always hard, and in the perfect
world!!!

Lots of members don't care for the tech talk, you were not part of the
group in the beginning, there was far less talk on new gear, many of
the original members dropped off the list in the last 3 years because
of it.
The idea of reading e-mail on-line is not always appealing as we do
like to have e-mails sent to our inbox. We use spam filters for
unwanted e-mails and to many list members, they found this gear talk
as a kind of intrusion. Yes, I agree the discussion will be lighter
than is now but thats ok too, we dont have to talk all the time.
Remember, the naturerecordists group is not being dismantled and I for
one will make sure it is strong and healthy.
Think of it like another room for people to go to without the noisy
kids in the house.. (This is a joke and not a criticism)
For those who still care to talk about tech stuff the door is open
here, but here is the question, who in the last few months has taken
outside a new recorder and microphone into the field (not the back
garden of someone's house) and actually tested the recorder/microphone?
The last nature recorders and microphones I can remember tested in
real environments were the Sound devices and Nagra recorders?

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org