Re: What XLR cables would you choose as your best cables and why?

Subject: Re: What XLR cables would you choose as your best cables and why?
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:26 pm ((PDT))
Both Mogami and Canare make excellent mix cable. There are various
gauges or wire, different shielding, number of conductors, etc.

I prefer Canare Star-Quad L-4E, it's a very good cable for the money.
It has 4 conductors, which you pair together into two. This along
with the shielding makes it very resistant to picking up RF
interference. Very flexible, strong, and can handle very low
temperatures. It also makes great speaker wire and interconnects.
I've yet to have any star-quad cable go bad.

It's about $1 a foot I think to buy in bulk.

As for lengths, I think a few different pair will work nicely. I have
a single 5 foot cable I use when hand-holding, and then for pairs, I
have 10, 15, 25, 50 and 100 foot pairs, which seems to be plenty.
They could also be mated together into a 200 cable if need be. If you
think you're going to be building several long pairs, it might make
sense to bulk order the cable and connectors and find someone who can
solder them for you.

I've had some custom cables made from No Shorts Cable Company, which
operates out of Pacific Radio in California, they do an excellent job
and their prices are reasonable.

http://www.pacrad.com/noshorts.php

Tim