What XLR cables would you choose as your best cables and why?

Subject: What XLR cables would you choose as your best cables and why?
From: "nwindigo" nwindigo
Date: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:55 pm ((PDT))
Looking to the gurus here to understand what you look for and
consider your best cable options and too what lengths you've found
most convenient. I'm looking to consider quality before cost.

So far I've come across several cables referenced here and elsewhere
for nature recording -- Mogami, Canare, Monster... -- and am
contemplating purchasing a pair of cables from Ram electronics
(http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/mic-cables.html) described
as "Mogami 2534 Mic cable with Neutrik NC3MX and NC3FX connectors"

I'd assume that length is based a lot on application (closeness of
recorder to mic, area you record in), but it would seem that there
are lengths that are most frequently used or at least
characteristics that make it better to go one direction or another.
Something more than the impedance and weight if
you're taking them on the trail?

Like as not too everyone has a type they really like for lots of
reasons -- sound quality, durability, weight, ease in handling,
current mic/recorder equipment, etc.

So what XLR cables do you choose as your best cables and why?