Re: Flash based IDE drives...

Subject: Re: Flash based IDE drives...
From: "no_mas_films" no_mas_films
Date: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:31 pm ((PDT))
Hi all! I have no experience what so ever with hard disk recorders in
the field, but lots of us have experience with harddisk based MP3
players. Bang them and they skip, stop and restart. Need more
evidence? I'm sure it depends on the recorder, but in my mind its
possible. Environmental damage? I doubt it, as the harddisk runs in a
vacuum.No one would dare treat a $2000.00 recorder like their $100.00
Mp3 player though...and jogging with a Tascam would bruise you! :-)
Chris

--- In  "Rory" <> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I am more interested in how a field recorder works in the real
world than I am in your desktop computer :)

> The question is this: is there hard evidence to support the
statements, which by the way go beyond shock, that Oryoko makes about
to the effect that hard drive recorders are less reliable than flash
recorders?

> I ask because I am not aware of any evidence that supports these
statements in the real world, as distinct from theory/sales hype.