Re: 16 Bit & 24 Bit recordings

Subject: Re: 16 Bit & 24 Bit recordings
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Sat May 26, 2007 1:55 am ((PDT))
Scott Fraser wrote:

> <<It is my impression that this kind of audiopile tech talk is nothing
> else than unproven speculation or wishful thinking that is of course
> suppported by the marketing propaganda of the gear manufacturers...>>
>
> No doubt in a number of cases this is true. It is also true that in a =

> number of cases there is nothing speculative nor wishful in the
> conclusions of highly trained experienced audio professionals who
> have found one bit depth audibly superior to another.
>
> Scott Fraser

Of course, as mentioned before, I do not deny that there might be
advantages under certain very special circumstances. What I would like
to know is whether there are any advantages of 24 bit recording for
OUR purposes. Please note that I'm just trying to understand and hear
these differences on my own. I generelly do not trust any authorities
in this regard. There are circulating just too many unscientific and
esoteric opinions...

Raimund