Re: Understanding bit-depth conversion and dithering

Subject: Re: Understanding bit-depth conversion and dithering
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Wed May 23, 2007 2:05 pm ((PDT))
The technical side to this group at the best of times gets out of hand as t=
what this group was  originally set up to be.

I hardly ever see recordings made out in the field only theory, I have a 72=
2
& a 744 sound devices recorder, I will record in the field at 16bit and
24bit simultaneously in a quiet environment with the same mics at the same
gain.  once I have done this and everybody can hear the difference (if ther=
is one) can we then stop this banging our heads against a brick wall?

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: