Re: 24 bit vs 16 bit recordings

Subject: Re: 24 bit vs 16 bit recordings
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Sun May 20, 2007 9:02 am ((PDT))
Absolutely, about the only time I would compress recordings is if the
dynamic range is too high for comfortable listening. I hear way too
many recordings (music CD's included) that are way over compressed.
The multi-band compressors do a much better job, as Walt said, and
have much more control.

As a side note, I've been experimenting a bit with the new Wave Arts
noise reduction plugins, and am pretty impressed. It's the first
noise reduction system I've played with that has multi-bands, like a
multi-band compressor. It lets you set attack, decay, threshold and
amount for various points across the spectrum, and seems really
useful for dialing in a workable setting.