Re: Greetings and an FR2 LE review

Subject: Re: Greetings and an FR2 LE review
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Mon May 14, 2007 9:51 am ((PDT))
<<I wonder if I could record the sound at the headphone out. Its sounds
like some sort of electronic interference from the rest of the
machine - high and whining rather than a hiss. Its not overbearingly
loud, just distracting.>>

OK, that description fits the symptom of digital clock breakthrough
on the ground plane. If this is what is happening, it is caused at
the analog circuit level by poor internal shielding and/or poorly
thought out routing & implementation of grounding on the printed
circuit board. If it only exists on the headphone driver & not at the
line outs or the recorded files, consider it a minor annoyance,
indicative of a less than premium priced product. It's not uncommon
in affordable digital processors.

Scott Fraser