Re: 24 bit vs. 16 bit

Subject: Re: 24 bit vs. 16 bit
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Mon May 14, 2007 7:51 am ((PDT))
Thanks Curt, and I do understand your reasoning as well. I just felt
that people would take from the thread that there was no real benefit
to 24 bits, and felt obliged as some others did, to try to explain
why in certain circumstances (and ones often encountered by nature
recordists) that's not quite true.

So now I guess I have to convince people to start recording at 32
bit! (believe it or not, there will most likely be a 32 bit, 384k
recording format at some point).

Or we could start a discussion about why 96k is better than 48k! :)

Tim