Re: Equipment Testing Goals Methods

Subject: Re: Equipment Testing Goals Methods
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Tue May 8, 2007 11:54 am ((PDT))
<<Raimund is right here, I have tested tones a number of times and if I
just lean back an inch or move my arm, I can see the level meter
change.>>

This is why pink noise is often preferred as a test signal when
speakers and/or mics are involved. Any comb filter cancellations will
tend to be in very specific octave related frequency ranges & not
have a large effect on overall RMS level. Also, being broadband, pink
noise is more relevant to real world sounds, including music.

Scott Fraser