Re: Fostex FR2LE query

Subject: Re: Fostex FR2LE query
From: "David Ellsworth" davidells
Date: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 am ((PDT))
At 2007-04-17 07:59, I wrote:
>I ordered one 6 days ago from
>musiciansfriend.com, which claims that it is "In Stock", but that
>seems to be a lie as it still hasn't been shipped to me.

I take this back! I checked the status of my order on their website,
and it appears to have been shipped on Thursday, and out for delivery
today. (I got no email notification of its being shipped.) I can't wait!

So, will there be any significant disadvantage of using an adapter to
convert the Telinga PRO5W's 1/8 inch "unbalanced" output into XLR for
the FR-2LE, compared to getting a PRO6?

I'm wondering how the preamp will compare to what I have been using
so far (my Sony HDR-HC1 video camera). I expect it to be much better,
and I'm hoping it'll be so good that I'll hardly ever have to change
the input volume (i.e. at a fixed volume, the entire dynamic range of
what I'll record on a typical day won't clip, but also won't get
quiet enough to make the device noise audible).