Re: Powering Sony MZ-NH900 with 4.8 volts

Subject: Re: Powering Sony MZ-NH900 with 4.8 volts
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:08 pm ((PST))
Thank you Adam - for your wisdom on this.

I suppose anything above 5V might be pushing it too far. And now if my
HiMD craps out some time in future, I will be left to wonder if it was
from the 5.6V I fed it on a few nights of recording.

Regarding the lm317T idea: I knew voltage regulators wasted some
energy, but I had no idea they could gobble up half of it.

I like your idea of using two series of 3AAs paralleled =96 centering
around 4V with either Alkaline or NiMH.

John Hartog