Noiselevel on Sony MZ-RH1

Subject: Noiselevel on Sony MZ-RH1
From: "sveinung_nygaard" sveinung_nygaard
Date: Tue Jan 9, 2007 10:10 am ((PST))
Hi!

I might be mistaken, but it seems to me that the mic pre on the Sony MZ-RH1 is
very noise. If
anybody cold lead me on the right track I would be very thankful. I have one of
these
recorders, and I tried comparing it to the preamp on my MOTU 828 mk2, and the
mic pre on
the sony recorder has a lot of high frequency noice on it. I used a Neuman
TLM103 with
phantom from a ART2 box. It was all done indoor to check the noiselevel (very
crudely!).  But
still?

I have read very good things on the forum on the noiselevel of the RH1, but
these simply
dont map into my world. -122db sounds very good for a noisefloor, something far
away from
what I perceive here.

Sveinung

"Microphones are not ears,