Re: My personal choice

Subject: Re: My personal choice
From: "Bruce Wilson" bruceumba
Date: Tue Jan 9, 2007 10:24 am ((PST))
Raimund,

For table at the link below, I'm trying to figure out what the "Input Level=
"
column is. Is that the maximum signal level that gives no (or very low)
distortion when the recording level is set at maximum? If so, maybe
reporting dBu AND mV might be easier when comparing mics (or at least defin=
what dBu's are and which way is bigger. And how are you handling those
recorders that have level limiters when the signal gets big? That would add
distortion, so maybe a measurement of the max signal level at, say, 0.1%
distortion, might make the comparison more uniform.

But overall I think you have done the community a very great service by
making these measurements available. Thanks!

Bruce Wilson
http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson