Re: My personal choice

Subject: Re: My personal choice
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Tue Jan 9, 2007 1:57 am ((PST))
Klas Strandberg wrote:

> MicroTrack 24/96 has a much better mic preamp than the Edirol, (as
> good as the HiMD???)

Yes, I agree. SONY's HiMD recorders seem to be even better than the
MicroTrack in this regard.

I just started to measure the unweighted equivalent input noise levels
of various recorders:

M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96: -113 dBu
Edirol R-09: -106 dBu
SONY DAT Walkman TCD-D3 (15 years old): -115 dBu
home-made INA163-based preamplifier: -128 dBu

John reported for his SONY HiMD recorder a noise level of -122 dBu.

I will add the TASCAM HD-P2 and Marantz PMD 6xx recorders to the
comparison table at http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm within
the next few weeks.

Regards,
Raimund