Re: A good solution?

Subject: Re: A good solution?
From: "Bruce Wilson" bruceumba
Date: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:22 am ((PST))
Raimund,

To be fair, those could be the correct numbers if the overall gain is very
low (for example, if the noise figure was calculated at 13  dB gain rather
than 53 dB gain) and the 0 dBFS level is very high (like 1000 v or somethin=
absurdly high). Since the unit is primarily intended for concert recording
it might likely be used at low-gain settings, though it is still very
unlikely anyone will get 1000+ volts out of any known mike, even at an AC/D=
concert.

But to be even more fair, a recorder with 40 dB dynamic range will record a
concert just fine provided the preamp & A/D don't clip.

Bruce Wilson
http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson