Re: A good solution?

Subject: Re: A good solution?
From: "Gianni Pavan" gianni_pavan
Date: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:15 am ((PST))
The CoreSound Mic2496 is excellent and the MT2496 has a
non-resampling digital input. The two should work together probably
with less problems than using a PDA for recording. If you like I
could do a test just to be 100% sure they work together. If you like,
please contact me privately.
Concerning the Mic2496 noise I made a comparison with the SD 722 by
alternatively recording the same source (a piezo beeper) with the
same Rode NT1A microphones (I recorded the Mic2496 digital output on
the 722). The Mic2496 recording resulted 2 dB noisier, though
consider that I have a CoreSound prototype, not the definitive version.

Gianni

At 11.33 14/12/2006, you wrote:

>Anybody having opinions on this solution?
>
>Core Sound Mic2496 preamp and AD converter and go digitally into a M
>Audio Microtrack 24
>96. I have been looking at a Telinga StereoDAT with phantom power
>and parabolic dish. The
>noisefloor on the preamp from Core Sound sounds like out of this
>world, maybe too good to
>be true?
>
>Thanks,
>Sveinung

>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>12/12/2006 23.17

Gianni Pavan
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universita' degli Studi di Pavia
Via Taramelli 24, 27100 PAVIA, ITALIA
Tel         +39-0382-987874
Fax        +39-02-700-32921