Re: Audition 2.0?

Subject: Re: Audition 2.0?
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:54 am (PDT)
At 9:31 AM -0500 9/15/06, Bruce wrote:
>Hi Marty,
>
>I have been using Audition 1.5 for over a year, and it is almost identical
>to Cool Edit Pro. Audition 2.0 doesn't seem to offer much more in the way =
of
>useful features. I didn't know 2.0 had some issues like others have been
>saying. Good thing I didn't upgrade. Audition 1.5 does multichannel mixing=
.
>It doesn't have the greatest multichannel mixer, but it works. I am
>currently working on a surround sound project. I wish Audition had more
>output file options for the multichannel mixer, like some bigger buck mixi=
ng
>programs (Maven 3D looks cool). I had to buy another program for additiona=
>file conversions. Audition basically only allows for 6-mono channel output
>files for multichannel 5.1 surround.

This is pretty standard, right?  Its in how you get the six files
that's tricky! :-) They've traded flexibility for ease. To get
sufficient speaker routing for example, we had to make a very
anti-intuitive mixer patch. Its funny, but the 5.1 default is "stereo
centric."

>  Depending on what multichannel project
>they are working on, they may need other software to encode the files into
>Dolby Digital, DTS, or what ever format.

There a video production pro package for ~$250USD for students that
includes Encore-- all the stuff needed.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts