Re: M/S decoding help

Subject: Re: M/S decoding help
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sat Jul 8, 2006 8:49 am (PDT)
I agree,.. but Brian's and Tim's explanations
including the ability to change relative mid/side
relations makes the link feature more
interesting. I've only "undone" MS encoding about
a dozen times, but it seemed to work okay.
Knowing this and having a need for quick stereo
playback in the field, I'd do it (unless there's
a way to similarly alter the stereo image with
headphone playback only :-)).  I'd hesitate
setting record levels in quiet locations based on
stereo imaging/ encoding. Getting maximum
saturation for both mics on discrete channels
would be a higher priority. Rob D.