Re: Small MicPre for use with SD 744T

Subject: Re: Small MicPre for use with SD 744T
From: "Aaron Ximm"
Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 6:11 pm (PDT)

> The Grace Design unit looks fantastic, I'll have to get a demo of it.

The biggest downside of the Grace AFAIK is that it won't take internal
batteries. I asked them if they'd consider modding one at a trade show not
long ago and it sounded unlikely. I also asked if they'd consider doing a
lighter-weight enclosure and was also disuaded... :)

Fwiw I was reading somewhere (can't recall where) that some folks had
settled on using the Grace's pres and the 744's A/D, which is actually good
news if you go this route since you should be able to pick up a used v2
(with no A/D) considerably cheaper than a new v3...

 best,
  aaron

--

  www.quietamerican.org