Re: Sennheiser deals?

Subject: Re: Sennheiser deals?
From: "Tim Gray"
Date: Wed May 31, 2006 10:26 am (PDT)
On 5/31/06, Walter Knapp <> wrote:
> There is far more talk of fraud by folks that don't use ebay than actual
> fraud. As a percentage of transactions, fraud hardly exists on ebay and
> for the most part it's pretty easy to avoid. Buying from regular mail
> order places can be about as risky. I am happy the more people are
> scared to bid, it just makes the deal better for me.

I don't know about that.  I've been looking the past couple of weeks
for a nice amp to drive my monitors and have seen about 5-6 fraudulent
looking deals.  Now, in all fairness, they looked really fishy and I
would have never gone through with them, but sometimes you see an item
that looks legit but the seller has no feedback...  certainly makes me
think twice.  Though to be honest, I have saved quite a lot of money
on ebay and have never been burned.

> It went for just over $1900, well less than it's new price. Though more
> than double what I paid for each of my MKH-80's.

Yes, a bit more than I'm willing to spend.  I'd love to find an MKH 80
for a good price.  I'll keep on looking...