RE: mkh20-edirol R4 problem revisited

Subject: RE: mkh20-edirol R4 problem revisited
From: "Julian Baldwin" <>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:00:37 +0100
Romily,
I do hope that you will let us know what the answer is to your MKH20 / R4
problem when HHB have looked at the situation. Your results were so strange
that it has been keeping me awake at nights!

I don't yet own an R4 but from looking at the spec I see that it has a
couple of built-in mics.  Obviously I don't know how these mics are selected
to be recorded but here is an 'off-the-wall' question for you - Is there any
possibility that when you thought you were recording the MKH20s, you were
actually recording via the built-in mics of the R4 by having a switch in the
wrong position?

Julian
Bristol, England