Re: Quality sound from digital video cameras

Subject: Re: Quality sound from digital video cameras
From: Marc Myers <>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:20:55 -0500
GF
No one argues that it can be done, has value, and is done all the time
in professional video and film. And if one wishes to do it, great; but
it is more complicated, requires more gear on location and is better
suited to a two or three person crew. Most of my nature video is
one-person and I shoot high ratios. I have synced Hi-Md to replace a
wireless mike in the field for on-location narration. It was useful but
did require lots of extra time back on the editing system. This is not
good news if it is a budget or time sensitive project.
Marc