Re: Quality sound from digital video cameras

Subject: Re: Quality sound from digital video cameras
From: Marlene DeGrood <>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:51:47 -0700
You'd probably do better using something like an Octava MK12 or an
AT4073a Shotgun, or better yet, using a pair of AKG C1000S since you
have 2 channels on the DVX.  The onboard mic is about your worst choice
but you can certainly get some great sound recording from the DVX
provided you can get close enough to the sound source.  I was doing a
shoot with DVX100B using the Sennheiser Evolution G2 wireless lav for
an interview and there were some birds singing in the trees that
sounded beautiful in the audio.  I remember thinking "hmmmm....I could
just set the wireless lav out and get a nice distance away (maybe 25
feet) to get some nice wildlife recordings onto my DVX".

Anyway....your river footage did sound nice.

Marlene
On Feb 28, 2006, at 3:05 PM, j r wrote:

>  Is it possible to record high quality sound from the
>  newer 16-bit digital video cameras?
>
>  I recorded this with a Panasonic DVX-100A using the
>  stock microphone. The audio is uncompressed, exported
>  from Final Cut Pro.
>
> http://www.jake-richardson.com/videotest.htm
>
>  Jake r.

>  Tired of spam?=C2=A0 Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
>

> "Microphones are not ears,
>  Loudspeakers are not birds,
>  A listening room is not nature."
>  Klas Strandberg

> Science kits
> Science education
> Science kit for kid
> Natural sound
> My first science kit
> Sound
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
>       =E2=96=AA       =C2=A0Visit your group "naturerecordists" on the web.
> =C2=A0
>       =E2=96=AA       =C2=A0To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> =C2=
> =C2=A0
>       =E2=96=AA       =C2=A0Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo! Term=
s of