Quality sound from digital video cameras

Subject: Quality sound from digital video cameras
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:36:07 -0600
At 5:15 PM -0500 3/2/06, Marc Myers wrote:
<snip>
>When doing dual system recording, its really tough to have a device
>running "wild" like a HiMD recorder. Syncing sound to video is a real
>nightmare, particularly when the record times are long. There is always
>drift between the two recorders.

With wave form views to match, post-syncing is less a hassle than in
the past.  With two "wild" running HiMD's, I get maximum drift of ~3
frames or 1/10 second over 92 minutes, more often a frame or two. All
disc media seem to be as speed stable as even the best tape media of
past. Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department