Re: MicroTrack 24/96

Subject: Re: MicroTrack 24/96
From: "Raimund Specht" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:59:00 -0000
Eric Benjamin wrote:
> I haven't done it, but it shouldn't be difficult to rig up an
adapter to
> recharge the device through its USB port.  If you would like for me
to work
> up a schematic, contact me off-list.

I recently discovered that the MicroTrack 24/96 accepts voltages
between about 4.5 and 6V (the AC adapter that came with my unit
provides 6V). So, it would be possible to directly connect four AA
cells (either alkaline or  NiMH) without any additional 5V voltage
regulator. Here is the simple battery adapter that I assembled by
using hot glue:

http://www.avisoft.com/scratch/MTPower.jpg

Regards,
Raimund