Re: 722 HiMD MicroTrack Test

Subject: Re: 722 HiMD MicroTrack Test
From: Tim Gray <>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:40:05 -0500
On 11/11/05, oryoki2000 <> wrote:
> I have a 722 on my kitchen table this morning, and I must say I am
> swept away by techno-lust.  The build quality is superb, and the
> feature set is impressive.  The manual is a little intimidating, though.

I have to agree.  I just got my 722 this week and am so impressed with
it.  An amazing piece of equipment in my mind.

> If you're purchasing a 722 for field use, take a look at the new CS-3
> case.  It matches the 722's diminutive dimensions well and seems up to
> the task of protecting the 722 from rough handling.

I picked up a Petrol Eargonizer (the small one) and it is quite nice.
It is a bit larger than the other cases, but it gives you a lot of
storage room for other things.  It's also quite configureable so you
can set things up the way you like.  There's also quite a lot of
flexibility in how your run cables in/out/through the bag so you can
keep them out of way (there's a false bottome) and there's a cubby
hole out of the way for an NP style external battery.

That said, I could see myself wanting a smaller bag when I just want
to take the 722 out.  I look into the CS-3.