Re: 24 hourly recordings?

Subject: Re: 24 hourly recordings?
From: Charles Bragg <>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:16:43 -0700
At 04:00 AM 9/6/2005, Mark R. wrote:

>Hi Charles,
> Before you totally give up on the Transit, you may reinstall your Transit=

>software or uninstall it and get the latest Transit drivers from M Audio.=

        Unfortunately I have tried *everything* in the driver and re-instal=
l line. Multiple times. If disable the in-computer sound card, and if I mak=
e sure the Transit is attached on cold boot, then I have about 50% chance i=
t will work. The other 50% of the time it 'skips' every minute or so, which=
 tells me the data flow is hiccuping - could be USB bus bandwidth trouble, =
but I can't change the amount of system resources the USB port uses. If the=
 in-system card is active, or if I attempt a hot swap, I get a symphony of =
clicks and pops and scratches.
        I had similar problems setting it up on my desktop, so I doubt the =
laptop is the problem. Sigh. (Sorry to extend this thread - it's not exactl=
y on topic.)

        -- Chuck

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Chuck Bragg, Pacific Palisades, CA