Re: new recorder - mic pre factors

Subject: Re: new recorder - mic pre factors
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:55:25 +0200
Just like to add and remind:

A costly preamp is needed when you want low noise, low distortion and good=

headroom!
All three.

The cheap amps are good enough for naturesound recordists. We don't need
ultra low distortion and headroom. That is what I have said.
If you want to blow the trumpet into your mic, that is another story.

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01