Re: Marantz PMD660 question

Subject: Re: Marantz PMD660 question
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:43:53 -0400
Bernie:

Doug Oade of the Oade Brothers (www.oade.com) had this to say about the 660
and the forthcoming 671:

We may not carry that as it has a 65dB signal to noise ration, too noisy
for most uses except transcription. The PMD671 is expected to ship in
May and be a 24 bit box, we hope this one has usable mic preamps!

And Here's  a user report:

http://www.transom.org/tools/recording_interviewing/200503.pmd660.html

Lang

We're finally getting there, folks. Anyone had any hands-on field
experience with the Marantz PMD660? All flash cards. No moving parts.
$500USD. XLR inputs.  Now all we need is one with multi-gig flash
tech in series so that we can record 24/96.

Bernie