WL-183 mount

Subject: WL-183 mount
From: "1GDW" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:24:42 -0000

I am going to mount my WL-183's directly to a hard surface to get
the outfit running but plan to build a suspension for the elements
in the future.  I like the setup that Rob has, ( elements mounted on
the end of rods which clips to his backpack and extends out to the
sides, making the microphone hands free).

My main decission is should I use foam to encase the element or
should I use low tension support from rubber bands?   The main
design consideration is to keep the setup light, small and
portable.  If foam is nearly as good as rubber bands I could also
make a handle of foam and do many variations to carry the rig.
When I get this project finished I will post photos of the
connectors and mounts that I have decided on.

Jerry White  Muscatine, IA