bit transferr from minidisk to PC

Subject: bit transferr from minidisk to PC
From: D & m <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:31:33 +0800
Hi. I just started sound recordings and finding there is a lot to learn.
At present my gear is very basic but need to start some where. At
present I'm considering buying a soundcard.
My Sharp Minidisk records in ATRAC, 24-bit computed type (according to
the specification).  I'm assuming there is going to be some degree of
quality loose (how much I don't know) when considering ATRAC and it
being transferred to my PC in analogue. My question is not so much which
soundcard , rather than is it going to worth spending the extra money
for a 24-bit soundcard over a 16-bit card.

David