Re: bit transferr from minidisk to PC

Subject: Re: bit transferr from minidisk to PC
From: "Terry King" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:07:53 -0000
--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that the USB based interfaces are a better deal
than a internal soundcard. They can be used on more than one machine
easily, they do the conversion from analog to digital outside of the>
electrically active computer case.

Agree: I bought a couple of M-Audio Transit USB interfaces recently
for less than $80 each.  They have worked very well on an IBM Laptop
and a desktop, both under WIN XP. They support 24 bit and high
sampling rate if desired.  I have done only one field recording so
far, with directly-connected WL183's.  The "Event" I was recording
(Cemetary Chimes in North Africa) happened during a heavy rain, so I
can't say much about the residual White Noise! The Transit coexists
with my 16-track M-audio 1010LT's on the desktop machine, which was a
nice surprise. The Transit and two WL183's fit in one shirt pocket,
while the USB cable, which powers the Transit and mikes from the
laptop, fit in another pocket.  Take a look at:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Transit-main.html

for more Transit info.

The transit also has an optical input, but I haven't used it. It might
work for transfer from some MD recorders, but I don't have any info on
this.