Marantz PMD 670 and Maycom MicTube?

Subject: Marantz PMD 670 and Maycom MicTube?
From: "birderjuke" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:27:35 -0000
(This is in reply to an old message, but I think the topic is
current.)  Could one connect the Maycom MicTube to the line in of a
Marantz PMD 670, and thus greatly improve the s/n ratio of the PMD
670?  And why would you need a cable between the MicTube and a mic
mounted in a shock mount?  Is that just because of the combined
length?  Thanks for your help.

Julian Sellers (neophyte)

--- In  "oryoki2000" <>