Re: for all you high end surround heads out there

Subject: Re: for all you high end surround heads out there
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:04:02 -0000
I play back right now using 4.1
I wont by a center channel speaker until I can afford 5 matched
speakers.

My favorite configuration is not a setup that plays as you heard it
but it is a play back system where each bird can be located
specifically in my playback room.

For example if a quiet deer walks down a straight deer trail where I
have set up my linear array what you will hear is a dear walk toward
you then around you and then away.  A loud distant sound is heard
over the entire array differnt for "on axis" vs "off axis". So in
short you hear different locations and your head solves those
problems as to where it is and you can listen to the relationships of
location all over the room.  Your head will solve the problems but it
does solve them wrong in relation to what I actually did.  So it is
not what you want I guess.

Rich

--- In  Lang Elliott <>